Application deadline: March 15, 2013 (Midnight GMT)
I. General Information
The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organisations (ADHO) makes bursary awards to 10 students and young scholars who have submissions accepted for presentation at the annual Digital Humanities international conference. These awards are to encourage new contributions to scholarship in the digital humanities and to involve new participants in the application of information technology in humanities research. Paper, poster and panel submissions qualify for consideration.
The recipients receive an award of 500 GBP to help defray expenses incurred in attending the conference such as the conference registration, airline/train fare, lodging, and meals paid by the recipient. Certificates are presented at the Conference Banquet, which winners are invited to attend free of charge as guests of ADHO. The funds will be transferred to the recipient’s bank account after the conference.
Bursaries may be awarded to members of any of the ADHO constituent organisations. Authors who are currently enrolled students are eligible for consideration as well as young scholars early in their career. This may include those who are new to the field of Digital Humanities or new to academia as well as those young in age. A participant in a multi-author paper or poster is eligible for an award providing they contribute substantially to the paper/poster. If two or more co-authors are qualified, they may make a joint application and share the award. Previous bursary winners are not eligible.
The winners of the Bursary Awards are chosen by a review panel constituted by the ADHO Standing Committee on Awards, based on the applicants’ submission abstracts and information from the application, which must be entered in ConfTool no later than March 15. The panel may also request additional documentation to support the application or prove eligibility, when necessary.
Question 1 through 13 must all be answered. Guidelines are given to each set of question. If you have any questions about the application process, please write to: Øyvind Eide <email@example.com>.
2. Postal Address:
3. Email Address:
4. Status (choose between student and young scholar):
(A student applicant must be enrolled for full- or part-time study at a recognised institution of higher education. To qualify as a “young scholar,” an applicant must be age 30 or less, or otherwise justify consideration as a new participant in the field.)
6. Academic Qualifications:
7. Birth Year:
8. If age is more than 30 years, please justify:
9. Session (choose between long paper, short paper, panel/3-paper session or poster):
(Both paper and poster submissions are eligible for consideration. A participant in a multi-author submission is eligible for an award if they have contributed substantially to the paper/poster and will take significant part in its presentation. )
11. If multi-author explain roles:
12. Membership Status, choose either a, b, or c:
(Recipients must be members of at least one of the ADHO constituent organisations. This may be certified with the membership number. For memberships that include a subscription to LLC the membership number is the subscription number. Please refer to the ADHO membership FAQ for details. Uncertified membership must be resolved before winners are announced. )
a) Membership #:
b) Number missing
c) Membership in process
13. Organisation (choose one or more of ALLC ACH SDH-SEMI aaDH JADH):
14. Additional Information/ Justification:
(A review panel will choose award recipients based on the applicants’ submission abstracts, information from the application forms, reviewer comments, and evaluations as deemed necessary to make a confident decision.)
V. Application procedure
The deadline for submitting the ADHO bursary application is March 15, 2013. Applicants will be notified of acceptance by April 20, 2013.
If you would like to apply for a ADHO bursary, please login via ConfTool at: https://www.conftool.pro/dh2013/
- Select “Your Submissions” from the menu.
- Select “ADHO Bursary Application” from the bottom of the page. Please choose the ADHO Bursary (for student/young scholar presenters) scheme.
- You are asked to submit an abstract. Please fill in “ADHO Bursary Application” as “Title of Contribution”. You may leave a remark to the chair. Click “Proceed”.
- Load up your completed Questionnaire (all answers to the questions 1- 14 above, TEXT, ODT, DOC/DOCX, ODS, XLS/XLSX, or PDF format) as “1st file”, your Accepted Submission as “2nd file”.
- Click “Upload File(s) and Complete Submission” at the bottom of the page.
If you have any questions concerning this procedure, please send an email to Øyvind Eide <firstname.lastname@example.org>.