Participate in the Joint ADHO and centerNet AGM at Digital Humanities 2013
ADHO and centerNet invite all members of ADHO constituent organizations to attend a joint Annual General Meeting (AGM) as part of the Digital Humanities 2013 conference. The AGM will take place on Friday, July 19th from 12:00 – 1:30pm, with a focus on two new international DH initiatives, GO::DH and DH Commons. It will end with a “SIG Slam,” where those interested in starting an ADHO Special Interest Group will be able to give one-minute pitches and then meet in small groups with others interested in working with them.
After a few business announcements, the session will begin with a presentation by Ryan Cordell and Isabel Galina, who along with Laurent Romary are the Co-Editors-in-Chief of centerNet’s new publication, DHCommons, an overlay journal for peer reviewing digital humanities projects that will launch in the coming year. Following Ryan and Isabel will be Dan O’Donnell and Alex Gil, who will be presenting on Global Outlook:: Digital Humanities, ADHO’s first sponsored special interest group. The final 20 minutes of the AGM will feature ADHO’s first “SIG Slam.” Some potential SIGs already suggested include: DH and Libraries, DH and Linked Open Data, DH and Bioinformatics, DH and Postcolonialism, DH and Small Liberal Arts Colleges, DH and Social Justice, DH and Born Digital Preservation, and DH and Disability.
There will be 50 box lunches available on a first come, first serve basis.
We hope to see you there!
Archives by Subject:
Archives by Date:
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Participate in the Joint ADHO and centerNet AGM at Digital Humanities 2013
- Pedagogy Lightning Talks at the ACH AGM
- June 2013
- April 2013
- Program for Digital Humanities 2013 is up!
- The Sunken Gardens
- Darryl White Group will perform at the 18 July DH2013 reception
- Nebraska Repertory Theatre
- Sheldon Sculpture Garden
- Sheldon Museum of Art
- Registration for Digital Humanities is now open!
- March 2013
- The International Quilt Study Center & Museum
- Reminder: Call for Bursaries is due soon!
- Registration opens April 1, details available now
- February 2013
- October 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012